ETTEC is the natural consolidation of the work on certification, qualification, description of occupations and skills and quality development done by organisations and individuals in the performing arts and event sector all over Europe in the last 15 years. Most of this work was supported by the European Commission in the frame of different mobility and partnership programs.
ETTEC is founded to bring the results and insights of all these projects in practice. We came to the conclusion that we needed a more permanent body that could guarantee the integration of the results and could perform the practical work needed to come to a common recognition of certification.
ETTEC is built on the outcomes and insights of following EU projects:
- 2005 – 2009 TTT-LPT, developing the concepts of describing competences in smallest common denominators.
- 2011 – 2012 Cue-one-Go, local project from Flanders, sitting out the principles of self-assessment and dual learning assessment.
- 2013 – 2015 ESCO, development of a Europe wide taxonomy for skills/competences and occupations
- 2014 - 2017 ETTE, development of a standard and assessment procedure for a basic safety certificate, initial development of assessor profile.
- 2015 – 2017 TALQ, defining the principles of common recognition, based on ESCO
- 2018 TeBeVat, development of portfolio assessment, and mentor profiles.
- 2017 – 2019 LAAR, the integration of the use of a learning wallet in training and assessment management systems.
In the beginning of 2020 the core partners from these projects founded the ETTEC organisation.